The Rat Race

Photo by Jose Losada on Unsplash

Wake up at 4,

head straight out of the door.

Don't want to die poor,

I'd rather struggle and suffer more.


Lifting weights at the gym,

taking all my reps in.

When I'm done with the treadmill,

I want my legs to melt and cave in.


Back at home, I'll make sure the water is freezing,

so it can numb the pain of my corporate toiling.

Ate my breakfast, nourished and full, now I am brimming.

Took down notes, too early for work, ready for the draining.


Galvanized and inspired for another day of running.

The Long Walk who? This one's more entertaining.

Work-life balance? That's a sham.

Capitalism? We're all big fans!


Facebook, LinkedIn

What's the difference?

Twitter, IG or is it just me?

Everyone's busy building their legacy.


Hustle culture?

I'll stop when I'm older.

Running empty?

Your career, babe, is not a personality.


Passion is overrated.

Working hard and smart sounds the same.

Life begins after retirement.

Like love, work is also a losing game.


Logged in early, clocked out late.

Live to work is my ultimate fate.

Tired but fulfilled, say what you will.

Dying to work, because life's a big spinning wheel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

Help! (02)795-2500 is calling me