Happiness

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash
When I'm feeling down
or spiraling out,
I remember the things I've forgotten about.

So I came up with a list
to remind myself why I exist,
why I should resist,
and why I must persist.

It's nothing new,
just a paragraph or two,
to ground me back to reality
when everything is hazy.

What makes me happy
is not the excess of money.
But let's be honest,
without it
the list would be half-empty.

A good book
A cup of hot coffee
A long walk
A lighthearted movie

A smooth run
A new song from your favorite artist
The view of the sun
as it trails along the Earth's axis

Deep conversations
Shallow jokes
A heavy downpour on a summer's day

Long drives
with your person
to nowhere or somewhere far away

A happy memory to reminisce
A lovely poem such as this

Your cat curling around your feet
Your dog enjoying a piece of treat

Your mother's smile
makes everything worthwhile.
Your lover's touch
makes life easier enough.

Fresh sheets
Dry socks
Warm baths

The sound of the rain
The smell of the sea
The taste of the sun

When life begins to feel like a threat,
read this one aloud.
Remember not to forget.

Happiness is the journey and the destination altogether.
Life is a mystery, that's for sure.
Keep on wondering, go wander!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

Help! (02)795-2500 is calling me