Disillusioned

Photo by Alex Sherstnev on Unsplash

Numbed by the pain of merely existing,

I explore the confines of my soul

and found nothing 

which resembled to the joy I felt 

in the beginning,

when my life blossomed and bloomed

and my heart beat for the joy of living.

What I found, although not surprising,

was a shell of a person 

surrounded by his life which now lay in ruins.

Pieces of memories beyond fixing,

shattered by the weight of darkened imaginings.

The rose-colored glasses I wore---

the one I had before---

is strewn and decimated all over the floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

Help! (02)795-2500 is calling me