clout chasers

 

When in doubt,
always chase clout.
Dreams are overrated.
My running has borne me no fruit,
only callouses around the ankle,
and a bad knee to boot.
Maybe in the next life
I'll be born into a family of millionaires.
No need to hurry up.
Eventually, I will get there.
For now, making it viral,
starting out dramas,
spewing out controversies,
being at the right place
and at the right time
is the only place to be.
Capitalizing on controversies
is one of my specialties— 
manufacturing fake news
with headlines that are clickbaity.
I'd rather lose social points
than vanish into oblivion.
In truth, we're all fame whores,
who want nothing less, only more.
Or am I the only one?
You can't cancel me.
I'll rise like the phoenix, you'll see.
From the ashes of someone else's reputation,
I'll become your worst enemy.
Horny for attention.
Oh, I forgot to mention:
Celebrity deaths warm my heart.
Ratioed to pieces.
You thought I wouldn't own it?
Guess, I have mastered that part of the art.
With so much time in my hands,
I'll touch grass, make some plans.
Wear different hats,
try a few things,
multi-task, wear nothing.
Dabble my feet
in a clout pool.
Try my luck on some opportunities:
Be racist and woke,
homophobic and broke,
narcissistic. You're all playing
versions of me.
Might as well go to hell,
if that were even true.
Monetize everything
that I'm going through.
Like some tweets,
sell feet pics,
bare my soul.
Nights get cold.
How can someone be
content in this economy?
Before I go, I'll make sure
everyone remembers me
and my clout chasing legacy.
Going out with the bang,
I'm my number one fan.
Because I'm a living,
walking non-apology apology.
It takes one to know one.
I know you also want some,
but for now
I am ahead of the game.
When making it is just an arm's reach,
trust me, you'll want to be that bitch.
You're no different from me,
we're all the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app