BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution




This happened when I was in Puerto Princesa (not that you need to know about that but it is important that you know where I was at that time). We were on a vacation with 4 of my college friends.

While chilling in our room I logged in on my BPI Express Online account to check if a particular transaction happened (note that this was payday so you get the idea right?).

I logged in using my old Sony Ericsson phone which was a hand-me-down from my sister. Yeah, it’s old.

I filled in my username and password (which was incorrect).

The page loaded my request. But because of – I don’t know – my phone or the internet connection I decided to click the login button more than once just to make sure I did what I was supposed to do.

Unfortunately, the BPI online app received the transaction but my phone (or the internet) was so slow to even notify me with my failed login attempt.

I remember clicking the login button one-to-many times out of annoyance. I need to check my account ASAP! It was a matter of pasalubongs or no pasalubongs for my friends.

Since my phone (or the internet) was slow the dialog box confirming that my access to my account was disabled due to several failed attempts popped up after a while.

Not the actual popup when your access has been disabled. This is the prompt for invalid user id and password. I don't think I need to go through the whole process just so I can show the screenshot of the actual popup.
I panicked (of course).

This was new to me.  I did not forget my password. I was just so impatient that I led myself to this mishap.

I tried to compose myself as thoughts of me going to the bank and talking to actual people freaked me out. After a while I had my thoughts tamed and myself sane.

I searched “How to enable disabled online BPI account without going to a bank and talking to people because I have social anxieties.” The first result pointed me to BPI. This was helpful. Now I was one step closer to unblocking myself from my own account.

But let me repeat it: I did not forget my password. 

What will I do to retrieve my access without telling BPI that I accidentally clicked the login multiple times? Can they make the attempts count to 5 instead of 3? I'm not perfect.

What did I do? I convinced myself that I forgot my password and moved on. It was the easiest route.

So I decided to tell myself "Hey homie, you forgot your password and you need to nominate a new one. Sucks to be you now but you gots to do that."

After convincing myself – I clicked on the “Forgot your username and password?” link on the BPI Home Page. (https://www.bpiexpressonline.com)

So – once I clicked on the link I was sent to this form:


I filled in all the fields and hoped they were all correct and that I won’t make a fool of myself anymore. Once was enough (Okay, I did it again because I got my first attempt wrong).


I chose a new password and retyped it because passwords - as it seem - need to be inputted more than once.

See the reminders on how to create your password below:



You need to enter your mobile number for you to be notified if the transaction was successful.


If you ever receive an SMS telling you that the recipient's using his/her new roaming number and you need to send him/her something - disregard that. BPI has nothing to do with those scams.

Once you’re confident of all your inputs you can now click the Submit button (I feel so accomplished).

After a while you will receive an email like the one below:


This means that the transaction was a success and you can now access your online account!

But wait – there are a few more things you need to do.

1. Go to any BPI Express Teller ATM within 20 banking days
           2. Insert your ATM card

           3. Select: Other Services > Activate Enrollments > Express Online 



Your nominated password will be activated five (5) minutes after ATM activation.



By the way I did this twice because on my first attempt I activated my enrollment using my EMV Debit Card. I used my old BPI card (the one in blue) and I was able to log in on my BPI online account! Success! 

Things I learned from this experience:
  • Patience really is a virtue.
  • It will also save you time on fixing things you, yourself have messed up.
  • I need to be more patient in so many areas in my life.
  • Yeah, may sweldo na ako!!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too many unnecessary inputs in your writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this. Will do better on my next blog entry.

      Delete
    2. Hi. If I got blocked in bpi online due to failed attempts, will I still be able to withdraw money from atm? Or is it blocked too.

      Delete
    3. Hello, you can still withdraw money from ATM. It's only your access to BPI online that will be blocked.

      Delete
    4. Hi sir, recently my mobile banking was blocked due to to failed attemps. but unfortunately i am out of the country and i cant update thru atm machine. do you have any idea what i can do?

      Delete
    5. Hi may I ask if u resolve your problem? Thank you.

      Delete
    6. Hi may I ask if u resolve your problem? Thank you.

      Delete
    7. Hi, I was able to resolve the problem as stated on my blog. This was written in 2018 and I am not sure if the process in resolving this has been updated. You can reach them thru their customer service just to be sure. 1800 1 888 9100

      Delete
  4. Hello, I failed inputting the correct password 3 days ago because I forgot my password so I changed my password which was successful but today when I was trying to log in to BPI, it prompted that my account was blocked due to many failed attempts. So, i reset my password again, then I can login again. But when I try to login again afterwards, it told me again that my account was blocked due to many failed attempts. I have to reset my password so I can login. Why is this happening? Is this some sort of bug? How many days till the block will be lifted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if you are experiencing this I recommend you contact their customer service: 1800 1 888 9100. I hope your issue is fixed ASAP. Stay safe!

      Delete
    2. This also happened to me. I thought I will go to the bank to settle it but no I just stop trying to login to my bpi account for like an hour. Then try to reset my password again and I'm able to login successfully. I hope it helps to the other who's experiencing this issue. I also noticed that you don't have to go to the atm to activate your card after you have reset your password. OTP is enough.

      Delete
  5. Hi,

    I actually forgot my password on the BPI mobile app but I never had to go back to any BPI ATM to activate enrollments/ express online again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much sir!
    But I cannot reset my password since bpi online says " We are unable to process your request at this time." Maybe because of the pandemic- little skeletal working force. No idea and cannot go to the atm since I am not yet 21.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello have you resolve this? I also have the same problem.

      Delete
    2. hello how were you able to reset your online banking password? I have the same problem too..

      Delete
    3. Hello, how did you resolve this?having the same problem too..

      Delete
    4. I have the same problem as well. Did you manage to resolve it?

      Delete
    5. i have the same problem. I tried changing my password, it says ''cant process at this time' so I waited coz I thought it was only because the site was under maintenance. But until now the it says the same prompt message when I request for change password -.-

      Delete
    6. Hey can I ask how long to receive money from bpi if holiday

      Delete
    7. Hello i have the same problem. Have you resolved yours?

      Delete
    8. got the same problem right now, tried several times at different days but getting the same response from BPI site

      Delete
  8. Hi, is there a way to gain access to my BPI online again? My account has been blocked due to failed attempts and the reason was because I forgot my username. I wonder if there's a way without needing to visit bank or phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I tried to access the site but the 'Forgot username and password?' link seems to be missing. can you provide the exact link here or url.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app