The SIN analogy


Just recently there has been a rat infestation in our place. We would be hearing scrambling noises outside of our room in the middle of the night. The trash bin outside will be knocked down with the its contents scattered. Also, the food that we forgot to secure in our supplies storage will be ripped into pieces by these savage and hungry rodents.

This has been going on for weeks until I found out one morning that one of the resident rodents managed to puncture a noticeable hole on one of my beloved tee shirt which was gifted to me by a close friend. I had to add this part: I used that tee shirt to wrap the food I was trying to hide and put it inside my bag which our RR ripped to get its target. "This has to end!", I thought to myself.

The next day I bought a fly trap from Mercury Drug Store and set the trap inside our room and outside. I sprinkled a handsome amount of cheese puffs onto the traps to eventually lure in the perpetrators. 

What I found and learned the next day upon my discovery (yes, someone got trapped!) led me to think about sin. Pretty much unexpected right? But it did reinforce my convictions against the nature of sin.

Sin starts small like a tiny mouse. It can be so cute that you'll take pity on it when it gets hurt. You'll even second guess yourself when deciding whether or not you're gonna get rid of the "bubwit" (our term of endearment for small rats) stuck on the fly trap you've set up the day before.

You'll even take care of it if you could (don't lie to me), and let it grow (because awww it is so cute it looks like Mickey or Jerry).

As it grows and fully matures it can become more destructive and deadly that it can eventually kill you (remember leptospirosis?).

What happened to the seemingly harmless little mouse that can eventually be the culprit of your death?

That's how sin grows and operates. Like every sin, it starts small and harmless. Overtime, when you allow it to grow by hiding it and making sure it becomes your little secret, you'll never notice how big and lethal it already has become until it's too late. Until it has already blown out of proportions right in your face. Then you'll realize you're so far from God already.

What should we do?
1. Look at sin for what it is - it separates us from God and His plan.
2. Allow God to expose any hidden sin you may have and move you to repent.
3. Do not allow sin to grow by:
 - Entertaining it.
 - Feeding it.
 - Hiding it.
4. Get rid of it the right away.
- Be aware of its early signs and get rid of it right away.

May you grow in faith and have the strength to turn back from sin and turn to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app