The Secrets of Adulthood





I started reading this book given to me by my unbiological “mom” entitled The Happiness Project written by Gretchen Rubin. As I began reading it I can’t help myself from pausing (many times) after a line or two to process what I’ve just read.

There were just so many ideas jumping out of the pages of the book that I believe will help everyone I know on how to attain true happiness in life.

Below is an excerpt from the book:

“I also came up with a goofier list: my Secret of Adulthood. These were the lessons I’d learned with some difficulty as I’d grown up.”

Secrets of Adulthood
  1. People don’t notice your mistakes as much as you think.
  2. It’s okay to ask for help.
  3. Most decision don’t require extensive research.
  4. Do good, feel good.
  5. It’s important to be nice to everyone.
  6. Bring a sweater.
  7. By doing a little bit each day, you can get a lot accomplished.
  8. Soap and water remove most stains.
  9. Turning the computer on or off a few times often fixes the glitch.
  10. If you can’t find something, clean up.
  11. You can choose what you do; you can’t choose what you like to do.
  12. Happiness doesn’t always make you feel happy.
  13. What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.
  14. You don’t have to be good at everything.
  15. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.
  16. Over-the-counter medicines are very effective.
  17. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
  18. What’s fun for other people may not be fun for you –and vice versa.
  19. People actually prefer that you buy wedding gifts off their registry.
  20. You can’t profoundly change your children’s natures by nagging them or signing them up for classes.
  21. No deposit, no return.
This I believe is just the start of a new blog series on finding ones own definition of happiness. Happy reading! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app