The real story behind The Conjuring

If you’re up for a good scare then I would highly recommend you watch The Conjuring.

www.bet.com

The Conjuring is based on a true story of paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren. It chronicles the couple’s paranormal undertaking on the Perron’s supposedly haunted house.

www.reelz.com

To save me the time, I’ll cut the story short. The Warren’s were able to exorcise and confront the demonic entity residing in the confines of the Perron’s residence. It was difficult as the ghost of Bathsheba, an accused witch who practiced witchcraft and sacrificed her children to the devil, grew more powerful. In the end they were able to extract the ghost who possessed Carolyn Perron and stopped her from killing one of her daughters.

As I watched the movie with blocked sight for like half the time it dawned on me and I asked myself if the story was based on real events. And as the movie ended and when the credits started showing I was dumbfounded having realized that the movie was based on reality.

I made my research and came across the story behind the movie.

Indeed it was the story of how Ed and Lorraine Warren cleansed the terrorized house of the Perron’s and drove away the demonic entity residing in it. But before Perron’s residence there was the Amityville house which the couple claimed to be one of the most possessed and haunted house they came across with.

The Amityville issue as what it seemed was a hoax.  Because of this incident many were doubtful with the real story behind The Conjuring. As many were shocked and scared knowing that the movie is based on real events some have lingering thoughts depicting the idea of another made-up ghost story following the Amityville hoax.


To enlighten the minds of everyone, cynics and believers, below is the letter from Andrea Perron, one of the family members who actually lived on the haunted house who took time in answering the truth behind The Conjuring:

I got this information from this site.

Dear Herner ~ 
On behalf of my entire family, thank you for the fine and balanced reporting in this article. For the purpose of clarification, “The Conjuring” IS based on a “true story”…our story. However, the film is not based on my trilogy “House of Darkness House of Light”. It is, instead, based upon the case files of Ed & Lorraine Warren.They conducted an investigation of our home between 1973-74 and the movie tells our story from their perspective.I welcome the inclusion of the video which involves my mother, as it introduces your readers to her in a way which will enhance their appreciation of the film. There is no conceivable way to condense what we as a family endured in the farmhouse into a two-hour motion picture but James (Wan) captured the essence of it and for this I will remain eternally grateful. I’ll tell you what’s scary — turning your life story over to strangers with the stroke of a pen on a contract. Mortified by the notion, I took the ultimate leap of faith.Though Mrs. Warren and I both provided the studio with more information than they could handle, the screenwriters had much to pick & choose from, amalgamating it into a cohesive rendering which I am proud of, having been privileged to see it as a private screening last March. The film is amazing and nothing anyone expects. It is a fair reflection of the chaos and danger we faced at the farm. The entire true story is chronicled in the books but the movie stands alone as a work of art — not fiction.There are liberties taken and a few discrepancies but overall, it is what it claims to be — based on a true story, believe it or not. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or comments and once again, thank you for your fair and consistent treatment in this piece. Yours in spirit ~ Andrea

moviesaddicts.com
I would not say I completely believe her story and the accuracy of the source but one thing is for sure The Conjuring is a total blockbuster. The movie has successfully delivered what it was meant to do, to scare the bejesus out of us, and to create an idea of the possibility of demonic entities in the darkest of places or even in the brightest of days.


http://www.horror-movies.ca/exclusive-conjuring-true-story/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app