The things we do for our sisters


Earlier today, before leaving for church, I asked ate for money (I always do, the independent Tobby in me encourages me to do so.) My plan was to hand it to Jett but the kid left right after the Cell Celebration without even notifying me (yey, more money for me!) So after receiving money from her I asked if she will go out with a-person-who-must-not-be-named-anymore. She nodded. And then another question followed, "Are you and a-person-who-must-not-be-named-anymore already together?" She looked at me and said yes, while laughing (like it was a joke or something.) I laughed too (to mask my confusion), because that's what brothers do when their sister is romantically with somebody. 

I asked when she decided it was a go - that they can bring the dating thing they were doing (for quite a while I guess) to another level. She told me she wasn't particular of the date. She just signaled the green light and puff (with smokes and all) they're officially together.

I couldn't be more happy for her. Heck, I have been hoping they'd get married and have children and live as a healthy and loving family.

My sister has had her fair share of heartbreaks  - she has experienced one failed relationship after another. Her previous relationship of 3 or 4 years ended because the guy cheated on her. So what I really wanted for my beloved sister was  to find Mr. Right, okay he can also be called as Mr. Elusive, because why not? And build their healthy and loving family.

But then it hit me - with her having a family of her own, I'll be left on my own.

My sister and I were the only ones left now - Papa and Mama have already been reunited in heaven. I'm so jealous of them now. 

It dawned on me that my sister will live in another house or they can relocated somewhere in the province (she told me that). And that will leave me with what?  I don't know what would happen. I could also be wrong.

I remember during my sister's College days - specifically when she was completing her thesis - our mother sent us money to help us with our school expenses. Since she had more on her plate financially than I have, I did not get my full share of allowance and gave most of it to her. I knew she'll be needing it more than I do. So I sacrificed my share to help her thesis' expenses. In one of her letters (sent to me on Christmas), she thanked me because of what I did (of my goodwill, haha!) Yeah, I'm that brother, who is willing to sacrifice my happiness for my sister. And I think I'll do that again this time. I don't know how and when but I'm sure I'll be more than happy to see my beloved sister happy beyond measure.

Update: Break na pala sila ni a-person-who-must-not-be-named-anymore (hence the alias.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app