Bits and Pieces 002

https://www.edwintalbot.co.uk/genre/abstract-art/tamsin-pearse-passion-iv

I woke up again at around 3AM and noticed that the nurse was checking mama for vital signs. 

It never occurred to me that she did not find any signs of life at all. 

She went out of the room looking for the doctor. 

As soon as she did, I got up and walked near mama’s bed and noticed bubbles forming out of her mouth. I quickly got a hand of a roll of tissue and wiped the froth from her mouth. 

I threw the wet tissue near the sink and got back to her bed. 

I noticed that the oxygen was turned off and mama was already not moving. There was no sign of her breathing – no up and down motion of her chest.  

She was also a bit darker than her usual skin color. At that very moment my heart started beating fast. 

The door opened behind me and her doctor arrived. 

I stopped. 

My heart still pounding. 

He checked mama’s pulse on the wrist and then tried on her neck. 

After a minute or so of careful checking he confirmed what I was dreading to hear. 

“Time of death 3:16 AM. Condolence po sir.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app