LSS: I Wish I Could Break Your Heart (Cassadee Pope)


image: blastyourstereo.com

Even before winning The Voice season 3, I’ve been a fan of Cassadee Pope. The lead vocalist of the band Hey Monday, Cassadee proved that she does not only have the angst and the pipes but the versatility as well when she entered the country pop scene. Her latest album Frame by Frame sees the artist’s remarkable transformation. She really does sound country-ish (and a really good one for that matter). 

The songstress released the latest music video of her latest single I Wish I Could Break Your Heart just this day (Isn’t it amazing?). The music video sees a stunningly beautiful Cassadee encased in a heart shaped cage with shiny shimmering thingies.

The intent of this blog is to construct an in depth explanation of how the song not the mv touched my inner self and how it affected my emotions and whatnot.

image: directlyrics.com

Truth be told, I have been rooting for this song to be picked as a single which means it would sooner or later have its music video which in fact happened! It’s not a song for the brokenhearted and for the weary lovers out there.  It may be but not the perfect and suitable song for that moment of utter desolation and stuff people experience out of heartbreaks.

This is my interpretation of the song:

You want to break someone else’s heart but you can’t because you really love him/her. It’s like saying “I hate that I love you” or something like that where your affection supersedes your fury and disappointment for that someone. It’s also a way of saying “I want you to experience the hell I’ve been through the moment we broke up. I want you to cry and feel the same way I did. I want you to learn your lesson the hard way. But I can’t and won’t so I’ll just get used to the fact that all of these efforts will be put to waste because I love you more than you’ll ever know.”

Okay, so this song is clearly for the brokenhearted.

With Cassadee’s heartfelt delivery of the song I expect listeners to keep on pressing the replay button over and over again.


Watch the music video for I Wish I Could Break Your Heart here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

How to send E-load to PayMaya or GCASH using your BPI app