A heartwarming review of Frozen


It’s been a while since I flock to a nearby movie house and watched an animated film. Most of the time I would just wait for a copy of the movie and watch it. I have been a snob to beloved film animations such as Despicable Me 2, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Monsters University, etc. Until now I haven’t had any clue as to how wonderful these films are and how many young and young at heart alike are gravitated by the unavoidable pull of these lighthearted and motivational motion pictures.

Fortunately, my fairy god mother (you know who you are!) gave me free tickets to watch Frozen with her and an officemate of mine one Saturday morning. After watching the film my happiness level of 23 shot up to a whopping 99999. The kid in me was overly satisfied that even the thought of watching it again thrilled my entrails and whatnot. 

To be honest, I’ve already watched Frozen before FGM gave me free tickets. I so wanted to watch it. Luckily, an officemate of mine made it possible to provide us with a copy of it. But I would want everyone, if you have a chance to watch it on the big screen, GO WATCH IT! And you will not be disappointed.

Here’s the plot (without spoilers! Of course!)

FROZEN very loosely borrows from the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale of The Snow Queen: in a Scandinavian-like kingdom, two young princesses frolic in the first snowfall. The older sister Elsa has the magical power to conjure ice, so she creates a winter wonderland for her adoring little sister, Anna. But when Elsa accidentally hurts Anna with her freezing magic, her royal parents decide to shutter Elsa away from the kingdom. The sisters grow up separate from society -- and each other -- a strategy that works until the king and queen die in a shipwreck and Elsa (voiced by Idina Menzel) must be crowned the new queen. During the coronation festivities, Anna (Kristen Bell) falls for a visiting Prince Hans (Santino Fontana) who immediately proposes. When they ask Elsa for her blessing, she scoffs, loses control of her powers, runs up a mountain, and sends the kingdom into an eternal winter. Guilty, Anna sets out to find Elsa with the help of unlikely allies -- a loner ice deliveryman Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), his loyal reindeer Sven, and a goofy, sentient snowman named Olaf (Josh Gad).
source: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/frozen-0



If you ask me, the focal point of the film is the importance of family specifically of sisterly ties. It cements the line “Blood is thicker than water”, and gives a fresh take on Disney princesses’ movies –where usually the role of a Prince Charming is crucial to the whole story. In Frozen, the romance is not hyped and forced; you can even remove Prince Charming from it and the movie would still be perfect. Although I would still prefer Disney keeping Prince Charming in it adding the right kick of romance to the central theme of Frozen.



It’s a story where the Princess saves herself in the end and Prince Charming asks for permission to kiss her.

Not only is the movie excellent, but also are the songs. I can’t help but hum a line or two from the lineup of Frozen soundtracks because it’s simply amazing. After a week or so I can still hear Anna’s soft voice asking Elsa if they can build a snowman. I also kept on repeating Elsa’s line (“Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway.”) a million times that it became one of my favorite Disney songs. As a music lover my picks would be Let It Go, For the First Time in Forever, and Love is an Open Door, I mean all the songs are great and would land on my list of LSS-worthy tracks.


And who would forget the innocent and funny Olaf which I believe made all of us laugh? His comical addition to the movie made a subtle yet remarkable impact on creating a light atmosphere despite the dark and heavy-hearted plot the movie has.

I must add that I also loved the plot twist near the end of the movie. I never saw it coming. I never even had the slightest of hint as to how thick the plot has been before the major reveal. You just have to watch it yourself. You just have to!

Frozen reminds us that it’s never wrong to embrace our own fears and in the process turn these into strengths and not the other way around.


With stunning visual effects and graphics, unforgettable lines that will transcend even after all the credits rolled out, and relatable characters you will surely love, Frozen is the hottest movie to ever hit this Christmas season. It is the perfect movie to watch with your family and friends before the year ends.

Popular posts from this blog

Why YOU should apply for a Mercury Drug Suki card NOW!

Happy Mother's Day Ma!

LSS: Feelings (Up Dharma Down)