A simple review of The Kite Runner

curlingupbythefire.blogspot.com


A heart-warming story of friendship, family, betrayal and redemption. Set in Afghanistan during its pre-Russian invasion and the pre-Taliban rule, the book follows the lives of young Amir and his bestfriend Hassan, a Hazara who is the son of his father’s servant.  

Though the story focuses on the struggles and the events that the main character experienced, it also depicts a picture of Afghanistan during 1940s.

The book discusses major points such as culture, religion, and history of the Islam country, which the author perfectly depicted.

Come to think of it, I’ve already seen the movie and already knew how the story ends. But to my surprise I find the book more interesting than its film adaptation. I cringed at most parts of the book. Pictures of Afghan people painted on my mind. The difficult times they’ve experienced and the life they had marked by the waging war and insurgencies etched in my memory.

As I went deeper with the story I can’t help but count the emergence of questions in my mind.

I’ve had so many questions specifically with the main character’s actions. Why is Amir like that? What made him do the things he did? And why despite Hassan’s loyalty, did he betray him? (Sorry for this part.)

For answers, read the book and be enlightened and inspired.

mehulmovies.blogspot.com


After reading TKR a part of me realized something, your past will not define your future. What you were before will only be a memory. And what you can become in the days to come is up to your doing. The decision to become the person who you want to be lies in your hands. Like Amir who’ve done many things in the past, most of it he regretted later, “There is a way to be good again”. There will always be. 

The Kite Runner is the first novel by Afghan-American author Khaled Housseini

Popular posts from this blog

Why YOU should apply for a Mercury Drug Suki card NOW!

LSS: Feelings (Up Dharma Down)

Game of Thrones Fan Art by DaniNaimare