A song to remind you of

xcupcakecorpse.xanga.com

Do you wonder why some songs give you the chills, the unexplainable loneliness, and the inevitable reactions every time you lay your ears on it?

I’ve been asking those questions myself too. Maybe at some point in my life I’ve heard a particular song that fitted a particular emotion I have at that very moment. Eventually, the LSS effect came in and made the song very unforgettable. And after a long long time, you hear the song again and the feeling comes back with every detail of the memories with it. 

I really do a lot of incorporating of songs in my life. I have different songs that help me remember some of the most important events, even the saddest ones I’ve experienced. It’s a good thing that the incorporating thing I do keeps me sane enough to face life’s uncertainties. It just keeps me grounded and positive.

If I can just sing a line to express my feelings and thoughts about this blog, it would be this:
“Thank you for the music, for the songs I’m singing. Thanks for all the joy they’re bringing. Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty what would life be without a song or a dance what are we?”

One incident I cannot forget is my liking a song that was always sang by my friend back then. By the time we separated after graduation the song is now one of my favourite, simply because it reminds me of my close friend. The good times and the bad times we’ve shared became vivid with just the combination of lyrics and melody.

Recently, I’ve become hooked to Taylor Swift’s “If this was a movie.” I like it not because I can relate to it. The melody just gives me an unexplainable sadness that engulfs me every time I listen to it. I’m more of a melodramatic person that’s why sad songs entice me. The feeling of seclusion and serenity... plus the immortality of the song, it is such a combination.

Life always gives us reasons to smile; music is one of those things that makes life worth living, an intangible thing that creates such an impact to humanity.

I just hope that during difficult times we can sing or hum a line from our favourite songs and joyfully be motivated by it. Because after these [difficulties], there will be many songs to sing and many memories to accompany them with.

“So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me.”

Popular posts from this blog

Why YOU should apply for a Mercury Drug Suki card NOW!

LSS: Feelings (Up Dharma Down)

Game of Thrones Fan Art by DaniNaimare