Que sera sera

“Thanks for all the efforts you’ve exerted in evaluating all the builds…”
“Ma’am, can I hug you before I leave?” that’s all I can say.
And she hugged me to the point of me smelling the perfume she wore that night.
I’ll miss Ma’am Anne. I will miss her distinctive laugh and the shrill of her voice whenever they talk about something interesting with the other Engineers.
I will miss how articulate she speaks on the phone over an argument with a teller about an ATM card problem.
I will miss how she calls everyone “dear” and her affectionate “thank you” afterwards.
I will miss how early she comes in the office and how workaholic she is all the time.
I will miss Ma’am Anne.
After I bid my farewells and see-you-soons and after the earthquake shook the OSMA building with our thoughts disturbed, I went home sad with the fact that I’ll not be able to see Ma’am Anne again. (She is my favorite build eval teacher after all…)

And it hit me…
Ma’am Anne never saw it coming too, the thought of working for a project abroad and leaving her family, that’s so sad. I know that her family and the Test Department team will miss her and Ma’am Anne will also miss them too. But on the other hand Ma’am was gearing herself all these years for the opportunity of making it big abroad. Who knows?
I know that I can make it big also! Anywhere! J I just have to finish my course and apply for a job that suits my academic background.
And then the conversation I had with my co-editor flashbacked to me…
Me: Okay lang sa akin kung magiging Senior Staff lang ako. Yun yung result eh. So let’s stick to it.
Melga: Galingan mo nalang bukas para makapasok ka pa sa Editorial Board
Me: Nah, I don’t want to be a part of the EB anymore. Alam ko na God has better plans for me.
Melga: The Publication still needs you. Ibig sabihin ba hindi mo ginalingan yung exam? Dahil ang dapat mong naririnig ay yung words of encouragement ni God na galingan mo…
Me: Inayos ko kaya ang pagsagot dun. (But in the back of my head a muffled thought keeps point out that “Sabi ni God huwag ko ng galingan… let the junior staff writers have the position so they can experience it…”)
“Let’s wait nalang for the results…” I ended the conversation.

And then I remembered Ma’am Anne again, leaving her family here hurts and one year is long… a lengthy one to be exact. But she chose to take that opportunity because that’s what God plan is.
He takes something away from you and replaces it with a better one. After all, you can’t serve two masters at the same time. You must give up one to make way for the other – your choice.
Will that mean I need to give up and leave my Artisan family to be able to focus more on my studies and career come next school year?
Will I ditch this afternoon’s panel interview to make way for budding student journalist? Quit Artisan and concentrate on my priorities?
What’s on my mind now? Two things.
First, What ever will be… will be…
Second, I’ll miss Ma’am Anne. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why YOU should apply for a Mercury Drug Suki card NOW!

Happy Mother's Day Ma!

LSS: Feelings (Up Dharma Down)