I miss the old The Script

Long gone were the days of falling in love and happy endings; long gone were the days of pure bliss and happy songs about loving and being loved; because now THE SCRIPT is here to defy the laws of stereotypical love affairs. The phenomenal band which hails from Dublin, Ireland is set to fill our lives with true-to-the-bones and brokenhearted songs. The first time I heard their song “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” I was in total LSS. How can a band sing songs like these? They should really be in pain while writing this song… the lyrics exude something sad and real. LOVE it is that they’re singing about and what’s good about their songs is the truth behind it all – That when we fall in love we will not experience all the good things, in fact it’s the brokenness of a relationship that makes the song so appealing and lingering.



Here are the songs that I’m dying to hear from the Script this coming April 16, 2011, so sad I won’t be able to watch them live…

 1. The Man Who Can't Be Moved

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this Earth I could be
Thinkin' maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving, I'm not moving







2. Breakeven
Her best days will be some of my worst,
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first,
While I'm wide awake, she's no trouble sleeping,
'Coz when a heart breaks
no it don't break even, even no.






3. Before the Worst
Before the worst, before we met
Before our hearts decided it?s time to love again
Before too late, before too long
Let?s try and take it back before it all went wrong

 




4. For the First Time


But we're gunna start by drinking old cheap bottles of wine
Saying things we haven't for a while, a while yeah
We're smiling but we're close to tears
Even after all these years
We just now got the feeling that we're meeting
For the first time

 




5. Nothing



And my mates are all there trying to calm me down
'Cause I'm shouting your name all over the town
I'm swearing if I go there now
I can change her mind turn it all around

And I know that I'm drunk but I’ll say the words
And she'll listen this time even though they’re slurred
Dialed her number and confessed to her
I'm still in love but all I heard
Was nothing
 





The next time you've been dumped by someone, been brokenhearted for the Nth breakups or even the lamest thing someone has ever done to break your fragile heart.. try listening to The Script´s songs. And you´ll realize that you´re not alone with the burden and the pain.. everyone has their own load to carry.. you just have to lessen a kilo or a gram by listening to songs like the one I listed above. (especially by The Script)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOCKED from your BPI Express Account? Here is the solution

How to fix “Invalid Payment Details” error when paying for your PSA Serbilis using your BDO mobile app

Help! (02)795-2500 is calling me