One of my Frustrations.

(This blog entry appeared on my wordpress account. I decided to shift gears because Blogger seems too good to be true. My Wordpress account ain't obsolete yet.. you can still visit my formal Blog entries there.)

When I was in High School (which was a very long time ago) I really dreamt on pursuing a college degree in top Universities in the Country. UP was one of the Universities I fancy back then, the thought of studying in one of the best academe really excites me. I often have had daydreams which was delusional (it really was). I foresee scenarios where I was having a bloodlust brainstorm with the bestest and brilliant minds from UP-D, it really didn’t surface. One opportunity I should have grabbed was taking up UPCAT. Because of some petty inevitable circumstances (that’s plenty) I wasn’t able to take UPCAT. My sister told me “You should study in a nearby University, so I guess you’ll just let that entrance examination pass.” , and I let it pass –poor me. My high school classmates were able to take the entrance exam but were not able to pass the quota for UP-D, instead they got themselves enrolled at UP-Visayas.. which was not a bad thing. At some point in my life I really envied them. But what else can I do? I’m a graduating Computer Engineering Technology student from TUP-T and will be proceeding a degree by then. I enrolled myself in a course that was really difficult and needs a lot of financial-what-so-ever-thingy. I’m not in the position to blame anybody.. good thing I was able to study.. been a clean passer (that’s a breather!!) and become who I am now. The thing is, this frustration will be haunting me until my last days. But as I see it, it will be the sole reason for me to strive hard –study study study.. there’s more to life than frustrations. I really have that WOW-reaction for UP-D alumni.. I look at them on a higher position, thinking “They must have a tough college life back then, but they’re able to finish and graduate from UP-D” and that thought never missed to inspire me to do more and excel more in what I do. It’s a sad reality that smart students cannot go to top Universities like UP-D because of financial incapability. They may have the brains but not the money to get themselves enrolled—same for me. What to do? Do what I do best! And be contented with what I have and what I don’t have. In the long run, It’s not the school that will do the working.. it is I—who will do everything to prove I’m better than the others.

Popular posts from this blog

Why YOU should apply for a Mercury Drug Suki card NOW!

LSS: Feelings (Up Dharma Down)

Game of Thrones Fan Art by DaniNaimare